2009 And then it was ours...

So...a little update. Turns out that the adventure was so much fun, we ended up wanting our very own Alto. Renting it for a vacation was a great opportunity to really experience the Alto first hand. We placed an order when we got back and waited for delivery. On Nov 7th, we met our sales rep Pierre in Hudson, and it became ours.

Thought I would post a few pics and a couple of vids.
Ours is production number 80... Alto 80.

pretty excited...notice the Timmy sign in the background.

in the back yard...after easily backing it in.

It spent a week in the driveway which gave us time to get acquainted. Looked it over real good, picked up some odds & sods for it, then got it tucked into a garage for the winter.

a couple of vids showing THE coolest feature of the Alto...



6 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm reading through your blog as my husband and I are in the market for a trailer and the altos are pretty cool! Can you stand up inside easily? I had hoped to check out your videos, but they don't seem to work at the moment. After a few years with the Alto, what are your impressions now? Anything you wish you could change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg,

    As you can probably tell, we are really happy with the Alto. It is a unique design, built to very high quality standards. Yes, I can stand up no problem. I am 6 foot tall, and still have plenty of room above my head. The ability to do this was one of the criteria when it was designed. We have met the owner/designer of Safari Condo, and he has explained his thinking around the design. Aerodynamics, quality of materials and interior useability were key goals.

    We have had the Alto for 3 years now, with absolutely no problems. As I mentioned, quality of construction is first rate. In terms of what would we change, we can't really think of anything, other than perhaps our initial option selection. We were back and forth between the heat pump and the furnace, and went with the heat pump, on hindsight, we should have just gotten both. I have done a few little mods to the Alto myself, but they are mostly convenience changes, nothing design related.

    I'm probably going to write a blog post just about the design and use of the Alto, so stay tuned.

    Really neat getting comments, and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so wish those 2 videos worked! I'm going to read more Thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to fix those for a while now but keep forgetting. This is a good reminder though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reminding you again. Lol. It's really hard to find any good photos and especially video on this. I don't think I've seen any of the interior. I'm very interested in the alto but fear the lack of slideout might be a problem for me. Not sure. Wish I could see one in person some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,
    So I have finally reprocessed the original videos. They really only show the roof going up from the outside, and then what it looks like from the inside. Not much else. I think I might add a video tour section to the blog, which will give readers a better idea of the entire trailer.

    ReplyDelete